Kai Lenny, a born and raised Maui surfer, grew up watching his idols tackle waves thought impossible at Peʻahi. He channels this mindset and draws from his multidisciplinary background to take big-wave surfing to new heights. One of his more recent accomplishments is one that can be enjoyed lying on the couch. Lenny, who struggles to stay out of the water, has compiled epic stories and action shots from some of the world’s elite big-wave surfers, including himself, in an aptly titled book, “Big Wave Surfer: The Greatest Rides of Our Lives.”
- Reckoning with a rising cost of living in the most expensive U.S. state
- MAUI TIMES’ JANUARY EVENTS CALENDAR
- Pickleball Rising on Maui, But Are There Enough Places to Play?
- The Mana of a Market
- Maui’s fight to stave off evictions
- Maui’s Psychedelic Bard
- Drawing Inspiration
- Tasty Crust, Home of Maui’s ‘World Famous Pancakes!’
- On the Scene at Mandate-free Maui & Recall Victorino Rallies
- Why Are Maui’s Playgrounds Getting so Expensive?
- Building Maui