Unlike previous roles, Mapuana Makia infused her experiences of growing up on Maui to her character on the new Disney+ TV series “Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.” Makia, stars as Noelani Nakayama, who she describes as “a vivacious, kolohe, niele, smart, local Hawaiian girl that is just doing her best and respects Doogie a hell of a lot.”
- Reckoning with a rising cost of living in the most expensive U.S. state
- MAUI TIMES’ JANUARY EVENTS CALENDAR
- Pickleball Rising on Maui, But Are There Enough Places to Play?
- The Mana of a Market
- Maui’s fight to stave off evictions
- Maui’s Psychedelic Bard
- Drawing Inspiration
- Tasty Crust, Home of Maui’s ‘World Famous Pancakes!’
- On the Scene at Mandate-free Maui & Recall Victorino Rallies
- Why Are Maui’s Playgrounds Getting so Expensive?
- Building Maui