“I wouldn’t want anyone to be in our shoes,” Pua said of her family’s life on the Kanaha strip. “It’s not easy, especially during storms with the rain and wind and the dust. I went blind while living down here.”
- Reckoning with a rising cost of living in the most expensive U.S. state
- MAUI TIMES’ JANUARY EVENTS CALENDAR
- Pickleball Rising on Maui, But Are There Enough Places to Play?
- The Mana of a Market
- Maui’s fight to stave off evictions
- Maui’s Psychedelic Bard
- Drawing Inspiration
- Tasty Crust, Home of Maui’s ‘World Famous Pancakes!’
- On the Scene at Mandate-free Maui & Recall Victorino Rallies
- Why Are Maui’s Playgrounds Getting so Expensive?
- Building Maui